Moreover, Dramatic changes in consumers’ behavior and informational needs caused by the pandemic have been driving content marketing trends and opportunities through the roof.
In addition, As consumers shifted online en masse and the world as we knew it was disrupted, a great many questions arose – and people looked to the brands they do business with for answers.
In addition, In 2021, 43% of marketers experienced content marketing budget increases, and 66% expect to see it rise again in 2022.
Moreover, Video, digital and real-world events, owned-media assets, and paid media are among the top areas of content marketing investment for the year ahead, according to CMI’s latest B2B Content Marketing report.
In this column, we’ll take a look at 10 specific content marketing trends driving this increased investment and activity.
For each one, you’ll find tips and takeaways below the infographic to help you capitalize on them for marketing success in 2022.
1. The Demand For Quality, Relevance & Trustworthiness In Content
Google’s core updates, Page Experience and Core Web Vitals, and anti-spam initiatives continue to raise the bar for creators and marketers who want their content to be discoverable in search.
E-A-T – Google’s desire for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness in searchable content – is a mantra that will continue to. In addition, weigh heavily on the minds of marketers through 2022.
Moreover, Because it lacks a quantifiable metric Dominican Republic Phone Number and cannot be measured, the concept of E-A-T is a perpetual challenge in SEO.
And while it certainly matters more in some types of content than others. In addition, average content just won’t perform in any vertical where exceptional content is present.
- Look to create exceptional content experiences with the integration of audio, video, text, AR/VR, gamification, and other interactive elements.
- Create content with your “dream” client or customer in mind – what does it take to win their business?
- Focus on displaying empathy and building trust in every piece of content you create.
Read more on SEJ:
- In addition, Google’s E-A-T: Busting 10 of the Biggest Misconceptions
- How to Improve Your Website’s E-A-T
2. A Renewed & Intense Focus On Understanding Consumer Intent
Moreover, What’s the intent behind the search?
In addition, Marketers and SEO professionals who are still hyper-focused on keywords and their performance are missing the opportunity to truly connect with their audience in meaningful ways.
Moreover, Understanding not only what people are searching for but why is essential in planning and crafting content that speaks directly to that need.
- Tap into real-time search insights for a deeper understanding of what motivates your prospects right now.
- Work through your customer’s journey to find stopping points, content gaps, and other opportunities to create a more seamless experience.
- Use topic, keyword, and competitive research to inform content that better meets each searcher’s intent.
Read more on SEJ:
- How People Search: Understanding User Intent
- Beyond Traditional User Intent: Why & How to Go Granular
Unlock (not provided) with Keyword Hero
Moreover, See all your organic keywords in GA and their specific performance metrics. In addition, Free Trial. Cancel anytime. Professional support. 4-minute setup.
3. The Need For More Intelligent, Data-driven Content Planning & Documentation
In addition, Savvy marketers are moving beyond using last year’s (or even last month’s) performance insights as a roadmap going forward.
Today, there are more touchpoints and interactions. Moreover, than marketers can possibly track and analyze on their own.
Your content strategy for 2022 shouldn’t be set in stone come January 1. Rather, your strategy must include having people, processes. Moreover, and tools in place to analyze and act on data to inform content the whole year through.